Friday, February 13, 2009

Google Rules My Shit

Seriously, Google. Just take it over. Grab the reigns and take off running.

I've done as much as I can up until this point and now I'm good to go.

Google is clearly more capable of running my life than I am and I'm okay with that.

Between Google, Apple and Starbucks, I'm pretty much set. And here's why.

Ways Google Rules My Shit:
  • My roommates and I have a Google Doc where we input all household expenses for the month (bills, toilet paper purchases, etc.) and my one genius roommate has created equations in the doc so it all tells us how much we owe in rent for that month.
  • It looks pretty.
  • Conversations. 'Nuff said.
Ways Apple Rules My Shit:
  • My iPhone talks to my Gmail, my Address Book, my iCal, iPhoto, iTunes, etc. to create this lovely, seemless experience from laptop to phone to internet.
  • Apple thinks like I do.
  • Apple products are sexy.
Ways Starbucks Rules My Shit:
  • After having worked at Starbucks for 3 1/2 years, I can say, without hesitation, they treat their employees, on EVERY level of the ladder, very very well. Between full health benefits for 20 hr/week employees, a rigorous management training program and totally dedicated management, it's a great place to work.
  • The delish breakfast sandwiches.
  • The free wifi.
  • Howard Schultz is a golden god.

And then, this afternoon, the experience came full circle.
I was sitting at Starbucks, on my MacBook, checking my GMail, syncing my iPhone and searching for the new Lost! Remix that Coldplay did with Jay-Z on iTunes while plugged into my Apple ear buds, when I see this:

(Because the image is so unbelievably small: iTunes is telling me what song is currently playing at the Starbucks I'm sitting at.)

I'm checking out of my life now.

Just take me in your gentle, pillow-like hands, sync me up, design me to look like a sexy white plastic mobile device with a logo that looks something like this, only emblazoned on paper coffee cup, and call me iAlexis.

1 comments:

FogCityLolita said...

It is all about the sausage breakfast sandwich. I think it may be laced with crack. And I DON'T CARE.

Post a Comment